Friday, March 10, 2017

"Mom, how do I say 'Thank you' in Italian?"

February 19, 2017

Last night as I lay sick in bed, P crawls in next to me. "Mom, how do I say 'thank you' in Italian? When they sing 'Hello, hello' in primary, I want to be able to tell them thank you." So sweet! We'd been practicing a bit throughout the week, but I guess he was a bit nervous about church and using the right words. He and I worked on saying "grazie" a few times (man, I am jealous of the way that boy can roll his r's!) and off to bed he went. Well, okay, not for too long. He was back with us around 1:00 am - I swear he and his younger sister alternate using an invisible 1:00 am alarm clock!

This morning P was up and at 'em though and excited for church. I reviewed "grazie", "buongiorno" and "ciao" with the three littles as they got ready. Then, A and I (he's sick too 😢) saw them off. Two bus rides and a short walk later they arrived to warm greetings. Boo seemed really pleased that she got to wear earphones during the meeting.

Here he is with his enviable "r's", although this video doesn't totally capture it as he wanted to be outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment